I just ate way too many cookies, all before eating an normal meal for the day. Isn't that the beauty of cooking for yourself? Eating your meals in whatever order you want.
For today's no calorie Friday, I decided to make a chocolate cookie. These are low-fat, do not contain too much butter or sugar, all things that I look for in a perfect cookie. Personally, I hate the idea of being tempted by a dessert and consuming 1/3 or more of your daily calorie intake from that one treat. These cappuccino cookies do not take a long time to bake and they come out really soft and not too sweet, perfect for eating with tea or coffee.
makes about 32 cookies
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon of dry instant coffee
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 egg whites
1/3 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup power sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixture until soft.
3. Add the brown sugar, cocoa powder, coffee granules, baking soda, and cinnamon. Beat until combined.
4. Add in the egg whites and yogurt and beat until combined.
5. Add in the flour and beat until combined.
6. Take about one tablespoon of dough and roll into a bowl. Dust the dough with powered sugar. Place each cookie on a baking tray, about an inch apart.
7. Bake for about 10 minutes until the surface is firm.