We are still here and we are still cooking! Sorry to disappear for so long!
Since the last post, I have returned from traveling for the summer and then almost immediately decided that it was time to move from my tiny studio to a bigger apartment. The past 2 weeks were spent packing and unpacking so because of the chaos most meals were simple and not blog worthy.
Now that I am settled, I am in a proper kitchen with plenty of storage space and a dishwasher. There is also a lot of natural ligh in the apartment, so I am looking forward to more interesting meals and better pictures!
One of the things that I made this week were blueberry cream cheese muffins, perfect for breakfast and for a quick snack during the day. These muffins are not too sweet and easy to eat way too many of in one sitting!
makes 12 medium sized muffins
1 stick of butter, softened
1/2 cup of sugar
1 cup milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
cream cheese, about 12 teaspoons
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a muffin pan with liners.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in the eggs. Then stir in the milk and lemon juice.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder. Pour it over the wet mixture and fold it in to the mixture.
4. Spoon enough of the batter to fill half of the muffin liner. Add several bueberries and a teaspoon of cream cheese. Top with enough batter to fill the liner.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.