Saturday, June 25, 2011

Tropical Guacamole

I think that I could eat guacamole all day, every day.  With every trip to the store, I come back with a bag of avocados.  Of course, I tell myself that I will do something creative with the avocado, maybe throw them into a fancy salad or a warm sandwich.  Despite my best intentions the avocados always seem to end up as guacamole.

So with the endless guacamole and corn chips working their way into my diet, I feel that my diet lacks diversity. And then I found this recipe in a magazine, a version of guacamole with fruit in it--perfect for summer picnics and BBQs!  This tropical guacamole is a perfect mix of sweet and sour.  All of the elements work so well together creating a lighter, calorie friendly version of guacamole.  It may even be better than eating regular guacamole--well almost.





Ingredients


1 avocado, chopped into cubes
1 mango, chopped into cubes
1/2 cup of pineapple chunks, chopped into small strips
1/2 medium red onion, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon of freshly chopped cilantro
1 lime
A pinch of salt

Put all of the ingredients into a bowl and spray with the juice of one lime.  Mix to combine.

Enjoy

-R

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! We love reading them and we will do our best to respond to everyone who comments!