Sunday, October 9, 2011

Bulgur Tomato Soup




As the weather has gotten colder over the past week, I have managed to catch a small cold. It isn't bothering me too much but I have been craving soup to keep me warm.

To satisfy my craving I made a quick tomato and bulgur soup the other day. It took only 10 minutes of prep time and 15 minutes to cook. Perfect to eat with a sandwich for a light dinner.

I had never cooked with bulgur before this summer but it is commonly used in Turkish cuisine and also is readily available in American stores so I have been slowly working it into my cooking repertoire. I even have an entire cookbook devoted to bulgur recipes but I have yet to try out recipes from it. Another thing on my to-do list!

Adapted from Whole Foods
Makes 6 servings

Ingredients

4 cups vegetable broth
1 cup bulgur
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove finely chopped
1 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
2 tablespoons of freshly chopper
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons feta cheese crumbles
Olive oil

1. In a medium sized saucepan  heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.  Cook the onion and the garlic until tender.

2. Add the vegetable broth, the bulgur, tomato juice, coriander, and cinnamon.  Cook over low heat for 12-15 minutes, until the bulgur is tender.

3.  Add the lemon juice, feta cheese, and the parsley and serve.

Enjoy!

~Rona

3 comments:

  1. i'm commenting on my own blog, but I really want you to make this for me please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never cooked with bulgur before this summer but it is commonly used in Turkish cuisine and also is readily available in American stores so I have been slowly working it into my cooking repertoire. I even have an entire cookbook devoted to bulgur recipes but I have yet to try out recipes from it. Another thing on my to-do list! choker necklace usa , tiffany bracelet wholesale france ,

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much. buy vietnamese food singapore

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! We love reading them and we will do our best to respond to everyone who comments!