Saturday, October 8, 2011

Chocolate Pastries



The idea for these chocolate filled pastries came to me in the middle of a cooking marathon.  Sometimes when I start off with a plan to cook one or two different items, I instead get so many ideas and end up spending several hours cooking many different dishes.  I was craving something sweet to go with the two cups of tea that I have been drinking most days but I did not have the time to bake anything from scratch.   I decided to use some of the puff pastry that I had in my freezer, combine chocolate, and voilà these were born.  I recommend eating them warm, while the chocolate is still melted or to reheat them if they have already cooled off.  I spent at most 10 minutes making these-probably the least amount of time that I have ever spent making a baked dessert.



Ingredients
Puff Pastry, thawed and soft
Nutella
Chocolate Chips or any chocolate that you have on hand, chopped into small pieces.

1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

2. Cut the puff pastry into squares.

3. Put a teaspoon of nutella across the diagonal.  Sprinkle chocolate chips or other chocolate pieces over the nutella.

4.  Wrap the puff pastry dough around the diagonal and place on a baking pan.

5.  Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry turns a golden brown.

Enjoy!
-Rona

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh I want one of these right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Vida, I was just about to comment the same thing. LOL But these look absolutely delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should say, they work at making the disclosure, investing energy and exertion at first, so this new formula could be attempted and tried again and again until at long last arriving at the menu. Iranian Restaurants

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! We love reading them and we will do our best to respond to everyone who comments!