Saturday, October 8, 2011
The idea for these chocolate filled pastries came to me in the middle of a cooking marathon. Sometimes when I start off with a plan to cook one or two different items, I instead get so many ideas and end up spending several hours cooking many different dishes. I was craving something sweet to go with the two cups of tea that I have been drinking most days but I did not have the time to bake anything from scratch. I decided to use some of the puff pastry that I had in my freezer, combine chocolate, and voilà these were born. I recommend eating them warm, while the chocolate is still melted or to reheat them if they have already cooled off. I spent at most 10 minutes making these-probably the least amount of time that I have ever spent making a baked dessert.
Puff Pastry, thawed and soft
Chocolate Chips or any chocolate that you have on hand, chopped into small pieces.
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut the puff pastry into squares.
3. Put a teaspoon of nutella across the diagonal. Sprinkle chocolate chips or other chocolate pieces over the nutella.
4. Wrap the puff pastry dough around the diagonal and place on a baking pan.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry turns a golden brown.