Saturday, October 8, 2011

Chocolate Pastries



The idea for these chocolate filled pastries came to me in the middle of a cooking marathon.  Sometimes when I start off with a plan to cook one or two different items, I instead get so many ideas and end up spending several hours cooking many different dishes.  I was craving something sweet to go with the two cups of tea that I have been drinking most days but I did not have the time to bake anything from scratch.   I decided to use some of the puff pastry that I had in my freezer, combine chocolate, and voilà these were born.  I recommend eating them warm, while the chocolate is still melted or to reheat them if they have already cooled off.  I spent at most 10 minutes making these-probably the least amount of time that I have ever spent making a baked dessert.



Ingredients
Puff Pastry, thawed and soft
Nutella
Chocolate Chips or any chocolate that you have on hand, chopped into small pieces.

1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

2. Cut the puff pastry into squares.

3. Put a teaspoon of nutella across the diagonal.  Sprinkle chocolate chips or other chocolate pieces over the nutella.

4.  Wrap the puff pastry dough around the diagonal and place on a baking pan.

5.  Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry turns a golden brown.

Enjoy!
-Rona

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh I want one of these right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Vida, I was just about to comment the same thing. LOL But these look absolutely delicious :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! We love reading them and we will do our best to respond to everyone who comments!