A big priority for me when deciding what dishes to make is that it a) they don't take too much time and b) there will be left overs for me to bring to work. Tomorrow will begin my 4th week of work, and as I've found, time is really of the essence. So I found this great chicken salad recipe in Barefoot Contessa's cookbook At Home. It was easy to make, and I have plenty left over for lunch tomorrow! Thank you Ina Garten.
Ingredients (serves 4)
2 whole chicken breasts, with bone & skin
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup mayonnaise, or to taste
1 1/2 chopped tarragon leaves
1 cup diced celery
1 cup green grapes, cut in half
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) While the oven preheats, place the chicken breasts skin side up on a sheet pan and rub them with olive oil. Then salt and pepper. Make sure to get under the skin, as well.
3) Roast the chicken for 35-40 minutes. Set aside to cool.
4) When chicken is cool, cut the chicken into 3/4 inch cubes, and place into a large serving bowl. Add the mayo, tarragon leaves, celery, grapes, salt, pepper, and toss well.
5) Cool in the fridge then serve.
I think I'll have my chicken salad as a sandwich tomorrow!